Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life's a funny thing. We can go through all sorts of trials and tribulations and still come out strong. For those that don't know me, I'm a christian- born again. God has a way of doing that to us as we seek His face and postrate ourselves before Him.
Our lives can be a rollercoaster but with Yahweh, HE makes everything alright.
Don't ask me why I write today. It's just one of those days that someone I don't even know - except for his name- seems to be low and sad. For whatever reason, my Father has laid this man on my heart to pray for. I seem to think of this person at the oddest times and feel the need to pray for him. So, I do, whatever his need or situation(?)- only God knows that but interceeding for someone other than self is a good thing. For my Father knows of my need- which frees me to interceed for others.
It is a sad thing that so many people are without hope in life when there is hope in God. Without hope- we perish. God is our hope, our life, our all. What more do we need!
I have struggled hard these last few months with one thing on top of another...Jimmy's brain surgery and now precious nephew, Jonathan on life support fighting to hold on. I'm still not even over the loss of Mom last September and it just seems like it's just one thing on top of another. But ya know what? I haven't given up and I won't ever because I have a mighty Father that is more than capable of holding me up and taking care of everything. God is the strength of my heart and the lifter of my head. As long as I put my faith and trust in Him, I won't ever crawl on my belly again. That old person that I was, died and I'll never be the same again. I am blessed, I am blessed, I am blessed!
So, Raymond the Scot, I say to you: Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Prov. 19:21

1 comment:

Raymond the Scot said...

Milady Mariana,
I thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated. Although things aren't as bleak as the poem would suggest, (poetic license) I have been through some difficult times lately, and your concern in the midst of your own troubles is most heartwarming. May God bless you and yours, and grant you joy in the heart of the storm.

Raymond the Scot