Friday, January 1, 2010

C'ville CAL

I joined a new CAL (crochet along for those of you non-crafters) at Crochetville. Yes, I know, I'm not much of a joiner but this one sounded like fun and I haven't been in a cal since the Grandmother's Flower Garden CAL which was waaayyy back when! Remember my old posts of that afghan?!! Thought I'd never finish it but finally did get it done. So, anyway, here I am again joining another one. This one, at least, is no specific project- just whatever we want to work on for each song that is given. Then by the end of this new year, we will have x number of projects finished for giftgiving or (heaven forbid!!) for US- yea, us, all our own! lol Now for those of you who aren't crafty-ish, that last sentence really is a joke because it is well known that crafters RARELY keep anything they make for themselves.


Anyway, if your interested, you can find the link to Crochetville on the left side of my blog posts under the places I go and blogs I read. It's clicky. When you get to C'ville, the cal is listed under, well..... CAL's and is called Christmas 2010- 12 months of crochet christmas caroling. Each month (I think) will have a new holiday song listed with the words and we get to pick out what we want to make according to something in the song that takes our fancy. It really does sound fun- doesn't it.


I chose to make some fingerless gloves (done to Winter Wonderland). Since I am forever trying to use stash: I made these in regular WW in white for snow and the "snowflake" was cross stitched on top using Needloft cord in a sparkly blue. Since the glove is worked in a spiral, the design looks a bit off. I didn't take that into consideration when I stitched it on. Doesn't matter to me though. I still like them and since I live in fingerless gloves all winter, this is just another pair to add to the group. (I've already made 3 pairs this fall, not counting the ones I still have from previous years.) I just love having warm-ish hands. So without further ado, here's the pic.



Please let me know what you think of them.

I've got a few other projects I want to post but didn't get to take pics of them yet. I hope to do that over the next week when Hubby gets back to work after being off for 2 weeks break.

Until then, I'll see ya later.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Happy New Year!

Love the funky gloves :-)

Together We Save said...

Love these gloves!! Very cute.

Zylo said...

Go mom! I like the snowflake touch. It adds a bit of sparkle to your mountain of gloves.